Whitley Manufacturing is created in 1945 after WWII as a means to create homes quickly and efficiently for veterans returning from the war.
Whitley factories deliver quality buildings, back each building with an industry-leading warranty and provide superior customer service at every step of the process. We pride ourselves on manufacturing each building properly, accurately, on time and with respect to all involved.
Just after World War II, Whitley Manufacturing Co., Inc. was founded in South Whitley, Indiana, by F. R. Bratton to provide homes for returning veterans. Over the years the company moved from housing to office manufacturing and was purchased by Williams Mobile Offices in 1971. Under the leadership of Barry Gossett, Williams moved from being a small regional organization to one of the national powerhouses in the modular business.
By 1992, the factory had manufactured 25,000 units. Then, in the early 1990s, Williams executive Simon Dragan purchased the flagship factory and reiterated the commitment to quality manufacturing and superlative customer service. Within five years Whitley had shipped it's 30,000th unit and was recognized as an industry leader in quality and innovation. The company is well on its way to shipping its 40,000th unit.
Whitley's commitment to quality has been the basis for steady growth. In 1999, Whitley was able to purchase the respected Evergreen Mobile Company near Seattle, and in 2001 the company open another production facility near Rochester, Indiana. The most recent addition, Whitley East, is located outside of Philadelphia in the town of Leola. The four plants provide true coast to coast service.
Simon Dragan, the company president and owner was inducted to the Modular Building Institute Hall of Fame in 2002. He achieved this by stressing honesty and integrity in company dealings, and has built a reputation of delivering high value at a competitive price. Over the years, he has assembled a team of industry veterans at Whitley, creating the leading national manufacturer of modular buildings.