Location: Orlando, Florida
Project Type: Shipping Hub
Project Size: 20,000 SQ. FT.
Number of Units: 41 UpGrade Modules
- Extremely fast setup time
- Pre installed utilities
- Entire structure can be relocated if need be
Orlando, Florida Shipping Hub - A Major shipping company is rapidly expanding in its Southern markets. It’s capacity must keep up with demand. To keep business functions uninterrupted, much of the construction would need to be off-site. The building must meet all local and state codes and wind zone requirements. And, to remain flexible for future planning, it needs to be relocatable.
The 20,000 ft2 building would utilize the Whitley Manufacturing UpGrade building system, a similar design to the previous New Hampshire shipping center. The UpGrade can be designed to withstand the elements of an extreme range of climates. Ceiling heights reach up to 24 ft., and can be delivered as one complete component. It achieves this by a patented design which allows the walls to fold under the roof section and delivered on a flat bed trailer (see photo on next page). Its known for its fast set-up. But, it has a range of features and options that make it even more unique, such as:
• Various roof pitches options to accommodate your particular site requirements.
• Optional bridge crane installed from the bottom of building trusses.
• Optional pre-installed lights, heaters and basic electrical and other utilities.
• Factory installed overhead doors, man doors and insulation.
The building required 41 modules to be built off-site at the Whitley factory. Once delivered, the modules were crane lifted, bolted down to the slab and finished. Only a matter of a four days passed from a bare concrete slab, to a finished, weather tight building (see floor plan for daily progress).